Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Old.

I found this old 'poem' as I was going through documents on my computer, and thought I'd share it. It's quite embarrassing when I look at it now.

When you call my name,
My pulse quickens,
As if dancing a jig.

When I brush your skin,
My spine tingles,
Arching away from you,
While longing to be near.

I am repulsed by you,
As equally as I am attracted to you.
Repulsed by the power you hold over me,
You turn me into someone else.
But still this person is not good enough.

I'm attracted to your grace,
Your fiery passion, and quiet intelligence.
Your gentle touch, your teasing humour,
And your compassion for all things worthy.
Your kindness, often too much for me to understand,
And your striking independence puts me to shame.

You know I need you,
You just don't know how much.
I know you don't need me.
Anymore.

1 comment: