Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I feel a bit silly..

I'm not quite sure how to go about this whole blogging concept, acquiring followers and whatnot.
Not that followers are what's most important to me, READERS are. There is a difference. Followers would just confirm the fact that I have readers. Which I don't at the moment.
However short of spamming out my URL all over the internet, I'm not sure how to catch people's attention.
I'm hoping that when I have a little more direction in my posts, things might be a bit easier. Not that I'm expecting it all to fall into place, I know I have to work for it.
I just really want to reach someone, to achieve something, you know?

4 comments:

  1. haha :D i read your posts..... don't we all need readers!! :D..... anyways i liked your writing... expect a frequent reader from now on!! :)

    cheers
    dethsoul!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry! Thanks for following me by the way! I'm still pretty new to blogging and knowing what direction my blog is actually going to take.. guessing it'll take a while yet. But good luck! I like your posts already - especially regarding the legend that is David Bowie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, Jess!

    First off, thanks for the add. Secondly, I completely know where your coming from about wanting more readers. I only have about 35 followers, but I'm thankful for every one of them. Readers aren't going to come all at once (at least, not the ones that will stick around). I'm also learning to develop an angle, a voice, a perspective, whatever.

    People will try to tell you that wanting readers isn't what it's all about and to just blog for "you." While part of the blogging experience is about finding your own voice, the other part is about sharing it. If we just wanted to express ourselves, we'd write in a journal.

    Good luck, and blog with confidence :]


    DB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support, guys. :)
    Dani, you summed up really well what I was trying to say, and I enjoy all of your blogs quite a lot.
    Look like the best thing is to just stick it out and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete